You usually don't have to ask a girl twice to give her opinion, so I thought I'd ask you, blog friends, to help me out with something... Your opinions are desired, so please share with me in the comments if you'd be so kind.
This blog has been a work in progress for quite some time. It's not yet where I'd like it to be stylistically, but the time to work on it is minimal. I know that my roles as a wife and mom are top priority! I'm thankful God has given me such contentment in the life He has carved out for me.
Blogging is a fun hobby for me, and when you're into a hobby, there's usually a few tools that come along with it. Just like a seamstress desires a sewing machine, good scissors, and a place to keep her sewing supplies; I'm looking to get some more tools in place to make my hobby a little more enjoyable! As I seek to mix things up a bit, I'm looking at changing from Blogger to Wordpress to host the blog (this may be more than you wanted to know...) and getting a custom domain. A custom domain would enable folks to type in the blog address without the "blogspot" part. You know, just a regular .com address.
Would you please share your opinions and answers to any or all of these questions?
- What things do you like about the layout of your favorite blogs? What invites you to stay and read?
- Do you have any preference about blogs named something like The Scarlet Paisley or the person's real first and last name? Does one or the other make you feel a certain way?
- Do you know of any just normal moms (like me, not an author or anything) that has a blog address that is www.firstnamelastname.com? (Um... I don't know how I feel about this either - it's really nice to protect one's last name from getting out there.) Big deal or not?
- How important is the ability to share blog posts on social media, and is it important that it's easy to do so? (Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest)
- Do you have any other constructive criticism you'd like to offer? (Like, does my "subscribe by email" thingy even work?)