But the days still get mundane, doing the same things day in and day out - here's how we're beating the blahs this week:
(Some of these will come later on in the week...)
- We started off the week with "blanket school", as pictured above. Morgan, 8, had the idea for everyone to get a blanket and spread them out on the floor to replace our normal Table Time that has us all sitting at the table or on the couches to start our morning. Genius. Pure genius. It gave all of us a new perspective.
- Listen instead of read. Our favorite ways to listen to stories instead of read is this: Jim Weiss - Greathall Productions, Adventures in Odyssey, and Your Story Hour.
- Play-doh. Don't stress the mess. Enjoy the time your little ones (and big ones too) are creating and smooshing. Then get everyone involved in the clean up.
- Drive Thru History. These GREAT history lessons are our new favorite thing to watch when we need a break from the norm. We hope to get through all of the lessons in the next year.
- Grow crystals! We have some sets that we bought for the four bigger kids for Christmas. They have been begging to do them. I think today's the day. Don't have a crystal growing kit to dig into? How about trying to grow these Rock Sugar Candy Lollipops?
- Get outside! Just 5-10 min. a day outside would do wonders for us mamas. How about walking around outside with the kiddos while doing this?
Say goodbye to the blahs this week!