I'm linking up at the end of each month with the gang over at Chatting at the Sky. Come take a peek!
The month of September was so packed to the brim in our household that I hardly remember it wooshing by. We weren't out doing anything amazing -- our calendar was quite empty, in fact, but we did experience some newness and growth around here:
- We began our 9th year of homeschooling with a brand new curriculum for all. My Father's World is rocking our world this Fall. (We're using Kindergarten and Exploring Countries and Cultures, if you'd like to know. Along with Teaching Textbooks Math... I would pick up and twirl the makers of TT around and around if given the chance. It helps us that much.)
- Our three oldest kids began in-home guitar lessons this month. If you're looking for an instrument that won't drive you bonkers when your kids practice? Acoustic guitar just might be the ticket. I love hearing them practice.
- This month, I am getting used to meeting deadlines and allotting the proper amount of time to work on my writing. It's a challenge I'm willing to work hard at; even if I have to escape to the quiet of a coffee shop every once in a while to get it done. We all experience times of suffering, don't we?
- Jeremy is working overtime one extra day every week for the next couple months. While that means one less day of him here with us (boo), it means more pay. And for that, we're thankful.
That's what's new in September, now on to what I've learned. (If you're still with me.)
1. Honestly, the biggest thing I've learned in September, is that I don't have to be who I've always been. It's never too late to reel in the fishing line, and cast it out again. You can always start over. If you've spent 36 years living one way, but decide to start heading in a new direction? It's absolutely possible. These growing pains I'm experiencing are all a part of who He is making me into, and I can't wait for you to get to know her. "... he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6)
2. I'm usually a huge fan of Pumpkin Spice Lattes each fall. But I learned that there is a more decadent way to drink one that brings just as much, if not more fall sensation to my taste buds. Try this, friends: order a breve (latte made with half and half) with pumpkin spice flavoring instead. I've stopped twice in the last week to get one of these. They. Are. Divine. Plus, it feels great to support one of our fabulous locally-owned coffee shops instead of "the other guys."
3. This one is goofy. I should have known this by now. Last week, I learned (from my 12 year old son) that the drawers in our kitchen have the ability to "lock" in the open position. I've lived in this house for nine and a half years and had no idea. Knowing this little trick could have saved five of our babies' fingers from getting smooshed when playing in their favorite baby-friendly kitchen drawer.
4. And just a couple days ago, one of my dear friends who is also a blogger, taught me that you can schedule posts on a facebook fan page like you can on a blog. (To make it post when you want, and not just at that moment.) Just click on the little clock symbol just below the text box when you're typing your status or posting your link. Who knew?? Obviously, not me. You facebook page keeping gals probably already knew this, but just in case: You're Welcome.
That's all I've got this month, friends. I wish I could be more creative this time around, but I just can't. What have you been learning this month? I'd love to hear.
Happy upcoming October to you!